My title is a perfect example of how my mind works. This blog is a mixture of all the little snippets and tidbits in time that make up the whole of who I am and my life experiences, so it made sense to me to title the “About” page “Smidgen” instead.
Here is a smidgen of what I’m like.
I’m at a place in life where I can examine who I am and where I’ve been and what’s next. My relationship is complicated yet secure and ever-expanding, my children are grown and living their lives and I have a stable career. So what’s left, right? (both are directions, actually)
Just me, in many ways.
It’s my time to reflect, grow, expand, remember, review, learn, read and interact.
I’m a pretty optimistic person. I love to laugh. I prefer to be happy over sad although I recognize that there is a place for every emotion. I can be snarky at times if I’m annoyed. I smile a lot. I’m allergic to onions. I loved my cats, and my dog. I’m not into sports, although I like soccer more than anything else. I love to go for walks. Doesn’t matter if it’s mountains or beaches, I prefer to be near water, but I hate dealing with the sand. My mom used to call me “Rain and Sunshine”. I’m usually the one that organizes things, but I can be a procrastinator. I’m outgoing, yet shy, all at the same time. (ergh!)
Other than my family, there are many areas that pique my interest:
- Music – just about any kind unless it’s screaming or exceedingly vulgar
- Travel – how do others live, not just tourist travel
- Children – I love to watch the way their minds work, plus you can depend on them to tell you how it “really” is
- Reading and Writing – reading everything interesting, writing and hoping it’s interesting to others
- Simple photography – point, click, voila! Of course, I’d take a class to learn how to complicate that!
- Learning new skills – sculpture, needlework, languages
- Cooking – I’ve had to learn how to cook differently, but it’s been a great adventure
If you want to know more, read my blogs or ask. I welcome conversations!